Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Novanet Express (NE)
Found an item searching Novanet but MtA Libraries doesn't have a copy available to borrow? Order it from any Novanet partner libraries with a copy (No copies available at any Novanet library? Place an interlibrary loan request).
- Get emailed when it is ready to pick up
- Pick up at the RP Bell Library or any Novanet Library - Select the pickup location when placing the request
- Check it out on your MtA library account. *
- Request renewals online or by contacting the owning Novanet library
- return it to any Novanet library
* Novanet borrowing, renewal, and overdue policies apply to loans
How to place Novanet Express (NE) requests
Note: You need to be signed in to your library account in Novanet to see service options
Locate resources using the Novanet search tool, then:
- click 'Resource Sharing' in the 'How to get it' section of the record
- choose the Preferred Pickup Institution, then the Preferred Local Pickup Location (specific library) from the dropdowns, then 'Send request'
- the nearest loanable copy will be shipped directly
- If there are no Novanet library suppliers the request will automatically turn into an Interlibrary Loan request
- you can also place the request directly using your ILL account
Found a journal article or book chapter citation searching Novanet?
- click 'Resource Sharing' in the 'How to get it' section of the record. Confirm the citation details are in the request or manually enter them, then 'Send Request'
- You can also place the request directly using your ILL account. There are fields for include the citation details (eg. year, volume, issue, part, pages, title, author)
Found a book or journal searching Novanet but only want a chapter/article? You can either:
- place the request directly using your ILL account. There are fields for include the citation details (eg. year, volume, issue, part, pages, title, author)
Looking to borrow an e-book / e-resource?
- e-resources cannot be lent. Only print items can be requested via Novanet Express. A copy of an article or chapter may be possible