On this page:
Rankings & Market Share
Market Research -- Canadian & International
Marketing Gateway Sites
The following pages include selected online sources recommended for research and assignments in Commerce:
For Canadian advertising resources see Marketing Hits – Other – Advertising.
Ad*Access Project. By Duke University.
A digitized collection of over 7,000 advertisements printed in Canadian and U.S. magazines and newspapers between 1911 and 1955. Subject areas covered: radio, television, transportation, beauty & hygiene, and WW2.
AdViews A Duke University archive of thousands of digitized television commercials from the 1950s to 1980s created or collected by New York ad agency Benton & Bowles or its successor, D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles.
For sources including the Market Share Reporter and Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Strategies, see Reference Sources -- Marketing.
For Canadian information see “Rankings & Market Share” section in Marketing Hits – Corporate Analysis.
globalEDGE Rankings. By Michigan State University.
- Links to many global ranking sources by company, industry and country.
List of Lists. (Formerly Price’s List of Lists)
- Provides an excellent collection of links to company and brand rankings and market share information from magazines and web sites.
Also see the following print resources:
Busines Rankings Annual. HG 4050. B88 REF
- Provides lists of top companies, products, services and other activities. Mostly American, but some international data.
Market Share Reporter. HF 5410 .M35 REF
- Annual compilation of market share data reported on companies, products and services.
For Canadian sources of opinion poll research see “Consumer Opinions and Attitudes” section in Marketing Hits – Consumer Analysis.
Summarized findings of polls are often reported in news sources. To find articles describing poll results use the term: "poll " or "survey" with your other search term(s) in databases like ProQuest, LexisNexis, etc. that contain news sources.
Gallup Polls. Information from some of the Gallup polls conducted on social issues is available on the public site.
Harris Vault. by Harris Interactive (acquired by Nielsen in 2014). Provides results from the "Harris Poll" conducted since 1963 in the U.S., on all kinds of social issues.
Ipsos News Center. Provides summaries of recent public opinion polls conducted by Ipsos in Canada, the U.S. and Europe.
Pew Research Center. A large collection of reports and data from polls on many social and demographic topics since 1983.
For Canadian marketing research resources see: Marketing Hits: Canadian Resources for Marketing Research. Mount Allison University.
For international marketing research resources see: Commerce Subject Guide – International Business.
Marketing Hits: Canadian Resources for Marketing Research. Mount Allison University.
- Annotated links to Canadian marketing information organized by the kinds of information required for developing a marketing strategy.
KnowThis.com: Marketing Virtual Library.
- A searchable collection of links to marketing-related information on the Internet.