The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
Dictionary of Human Resource Management. HF 5549 .A23 D53 2008 REF
Encyclopedia of Industrial & Organizational Psychology. HF 5548.8 .E498 2007 (2 vols) REF
- explanations of key terms, with recommended reading lists.
Encyclopedia of Management Theory. HD 30.15 .E493 2013 (2 vols) REF
Encyclopedic Dictionary of Human Resource Management. HF 5549 .A23 B58 1998 REF
- provides brief articles with references for further reading
International Encyclopedia of Organization Studies. HD 31 .I564 2008 (4 vols) REF
- articles fall into 20 general topic areas such as: Management and Organization Theory, HR Management, Leadership, Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Change, Teams, Power and Conflict, etc.
International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences. H 41 .I58 2001 REF (26 vols.)
- authoritative social sciences encyclopedia with many OB entries including theories, research, concepts, further reading, etc.
21st Century Management: A Reference Handbook. HD 30.4 .T94 2008 REF
- articles by international scholars cover 100 of the key issues confronting managers.
Handbook of Psychology. Vol. 12: Industrial and Organizational Psychology. BF 121 .H1955 2003 Book Stacks
- sections on personnel psychology, organizational psychology and the work environment include theoretical, empirical and research issues.
Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations: A Reference Handbook. HD 62.6 L413 2011 (2 vols) REF
- has articles on many aspects of leading nonprofits and appendices listing other sources for research.
The Sage Handbook of Organizational Behavior. HD 58.7 .S24 2008 REF
- Vol. 1: Micro Approaches. Vol. 2: Macro Approaches. Each chapter highlights a major topic in organizational behaviour, exploring leading research in the field.