The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
AMA Dictionary. Free online dictionary from the American Marketing Association.
Dictionary of Marketing & Advertising. HF 5415 .R577 1995 REF
- includes marketing, advertising, sales, merchandising, and consumer behaviour terms.
International Dictionary of Marketing. HF 5415 .Y33 2002 REF
How to Develop a Strategic Marketing Plan: A Step by Step Guide. HF 5415.135 .P33 2000 Book Stacks
- one of several similar guides available in the book stacks.
Sage Handbook of Marketing Theory. HF 5415 .S24 2010 Book Stacks
- chapters cover the development of marketing theory, major theoretical debates, impacts on consumers and organizations, and future issues in marketing theory.
Advertising Age Encyclopedia of Advertising. HF 5803 .A38 2003 REF
- 3-vol. set includes hundreds of articles on all aspects of advertising
Business Rankings Annual. HG 4050 .B88 2014 REF
- Provides lists of top companies, products, services and other activities. Mostly American, some international data.
Encyclopedia of Consumer Brands. HF 5415.3 .E527 1994 REF
- For hundreds of the most popular brands, this 3-vol. set provides history, sales and market-share data, major competitors, advertising strategies and more.
Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Strategies. (3 vols.) HF 5837 .E532 2013 REF (v.1-2: "Encyc.of Major Marketing Campaigns)
- Hundreds of the most notable campaigns of the 20th century are described with their historical context, target market, marketing strategy, and outcomes.
Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media. Z 6951 .A97 2011 REF
- Provides circulation figures and advertising rates for newspapers, magazines & journals, TV and radio stations worldwide, by country, regions and cities.
International Marketing Data and Statistics. By Euromonitor International. HF 1371 .I58 2012 REF
- A compilation of international consumer market statistics chosen as the most appropriate for strategic planning and international market analysis. Most tables include statistics from the 1980's to 2011.
Market Share Reporter. HF 5410 .M35 2015 REF (2 vols.)
- Annual compilation of market share data reported on companies, products and services.
Marketing Facts: What You Need to Know Now. By the Canadian Marketing Association. HF 5415.12 .C3 M37 2015 REF
- Compiles Canadian marketing research data from a variety of sources.
World Consumer Lifestyles Databook 2013. By Euromonitor International. HC 79 .C6 W67 2013 REF
- Has lifestyle statistics (food, fashion, smoking, leisure, money, etc.) on 71 countries.