The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
Canadian Dictionary of Finance & Investment Terms. HG 151 .W47 2000 REF
- covers banking, tax, corporate finance, stocks, bonds, mutual funds and related Canadian legal terms.
Encyclopedia of Alternative Investments. HG 4521 .E53 2009 REF
- referenced articles explain hedge funds, managed futures, commodities, and venture capital terms.
Encyclopedia of Banking & Finance. HG 151 .M8 1991 REF
- detailed entries on banking, accounting, investing and other financial terms.
Financial Services Canada. HG 185 .C3 F56 REF (updated annually)
- provides brief profiles of the financial services sector: banks, financing & loan companies, insurance companies, investment companies, actuarial and accounting firms, and related associations.
Handbook of Finance. HG 173 .H327 2008 REF 3 vols.
- 229 chapters provide an overview of major topics in finance.
QFinance: The Ultimate Resource. HG 173 .Q28 2010 REF
- a finance encyclopedia including essays, checklists, calculations and ratios, definitions, quotations, reading lists, etc.