The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
The Complete Canadian Small Business Guide. 4th ed. 2013. HD 62.7.G83 REF.
- a comprehensive guide for starting and operating a new business.
Business Plans Handbook: A Compilation of Actual Business Plans Developed by Businesses Throughout North America. HD 62.7 .B865 Vol. 8 & 10 REF. (Full collection available online through NBPLS -- Online Databases. NB Public Library Card number required.)
- includes business plans from a wide variety of business types.
Angel Capital Association Member Directory. Directory of Angel Investors in the U.S. and Canada.
Canadian Subsidy Directory. HD 3646 .C3 C29 2014 REF.
- lists over 3,000 subsidies, grants and loans available from federal and provincial governments, associations, and foundations.
Grant Connect. Online database with detailed information on thousands of Canadian grants and funding opportunities. Available through the New Brunswick Public Library System.
Guide to Canadian Grants & Assistance Programs from Government and Private Sources. HD 3646 .C3 G87 2012 REF.
- lists national and Atlantic Provinces-based programs organized by subject area (e.g. Arts, Employment/Training, Farming, etc.).
Your Guide to Raising Venture Capital for your own Business in Canada. HG 5152 .W65 2013-2014 Edition REF
- has information on Venture Capital corporations and Venture Capitalists in Canada, and advice on how to deal with them.