The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
Canadian Key Business Directory. HF 3223 .C24 REF (Updated annually.)
- includes brief company information for Canadian companies with a minimum of either $5 million in sales, 50 employees in one location, or 250 employees total. Indexed by name, geographical location, and SIC code (type of business).
Scott's Directories: Atlantic Business. HD 2356 .C3 A6 REF (Updated annually.)
- Companies listed by name, province and community, and industry classification (NAICS code).
FP Survey Predecessor & Defunct Companies. HG 4090 .Z5 F592 REF
- a comprehensive record of Canadian public corporations no longer in existence since 1929, with details of name changes, amalgamations, takeovers, acquisistions, dissolutions, etc.
For more Canadian company information in print and online, see:
Marketing Hits: Canadian Resources for Marketing Research, Corporate Analysis Section
For broader Canadian industry data, see:
Marketing Hits: Canadian Resources for Marketing Research, Competitive Analysis Section
Business Rankings Annual. HG 4050 .B88 REF 2 vols. (Updated annually.)
- provides top 10 lists of US and worldwide companies, products, services and activities compiled from a variety of published sources. Indexed by company, product name, country and industry code.
Global Inc.: An Atlas of the Multinational Corporation. G 1046 .Q1 G3 2003 REF
- provides information on the history, scale, scope and impacts of MNCs in maps and graphs, with additional data on the top 26 MNCs.
Market Share Reporter. HF 5410 .M35 REF (Updated annually.)
- provides hard to find statistics on market share from many published sources covering North American and international markets. Has indexes by brand name, company, industry code, products, and placename.
RMA Annual Statement Studies. HF 5681 .B2 R6 REF (Updated biennially.)
- provides composite financial data, including ratios, on manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing, service, and contracting industries in the US. Useful for comparing a company's performance with others in the same business.