The following pages contain a select list of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks and other reference sources, in print and online. Items listed as "REF" can be found on the main floor of the R.P. Bell Library.
Canadian Dictionary of Business and Economics. HC 112 .C73 1993 REF
Dictionary of Business. HF 1001 .C62 2001 REF
- provides U.S. and U.K. definitions.
Prentice Hall Encyclopedic Dictionary of Business Terms. HF 1001 .C68 1995 REF
Concise Dictionary of Business Management. HD 30.15 .S73 1999 REF
- covers widely used terms and new buzzwords in business writing, particularly in human relations management.
Encyclopedia of Business and Finance. (2 vols.) HF 1001 .E467 2001 REF
- brief essays on key concepts are followed by lists of key sources for further reading.
Business: The Ultimate Resource. HD 38.15 .B878 2011 REF
- has articles on business concepts and thinkers, checklists, action lists and sources for more information.
The Complete Canadian Small Business Guide. HD 62.7 .G83 2013 REF
- a comprehensive guide for Canadian entrepreneurs.
The Economist Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy. HF 5695 .S83 1998 REF
- explains the most common numerical methods used in business problem-solving.
NAICS Desk Reference: The North American Industry Classification System Desk Reference. HF 1041.5 .N35 2000 REF
- a ist of all NAICS industries and codes and cross references to the 1987 US SIC.
North American Industry Classification System -- NAICS Canada . By Statistics Canada. CA1 BS12 C501 RDK (At Ref. Desk)
- lists all of the latest NAICS industries and codes and cross references to the previous version. Updated online Industry Classifications with latest and previous NAICS, SIC, and other codes used.
Researching a Small Business 2001: A Guide to Finding Free and Low Cost Canadian Business Data. HD 62.7 .W45 2001 REF
- an extremely useful publication providing research tips and descriptions of the most useful free market research and general business research information sources for starting and running a small business in Canada.
Business Periodicals Index. Z 7164 .C81 B97 REF (1958-2001).
- an index of English-language periodicals covering business-related topics, searchable by subject and name.
(See the Commerce section of the A-Z List of Databases for current article indexes and databases.)